How Encumbrance Certificate can be obtained online in Tamil Nadu
An encumbrance certificate is a property document that ensures that particular land is devoid of any legal troubles. Individuals can get their land’s encumbrance certificate and other property papers without hassle from the official website of their state Government’s Land Revenue Department.
Similarly, the residents of Tamil Nadu can also secure this paper online from the centralized land record portal of the state. However, individuals need to know the correct procedure for viewing EC online in Tamil Nadu before moving ahead.
Procedure to obtain an encumbrance certificate in Tamil Nadu online
The encumbrance certificate is a mandatory document for property owners to provide proof of ownership while transferring property or applying for a loan.
Given below are the steps individuals need to follow to download their Tamil Nadu EC online:
Step 1: Individuals need to visit the official portal of TNREGINET
Step 2: After that, they need to select the language as English
Step 3: Once they scroll down the homepage on this website, they will find the ‘encumbrance certificate’ option
Step 4: Next, they need to click on ‘search/view EC’ option
Step 5: After that, it will redirect to a page to search for this certificate
Step 6: Next one needs to fill out details like zone, district, subdivision number, village, survey number, sub-registrar office, EC commencement date and finish date
Step 7: After that, they need to fill out the captcha code and search from their certificate
Step 8: Individuals can then download their encumbrance certificate in a PDF format
Besides knowing the process of how to view EC online and downloading encumbrance certificate tamil nadu, one should also learn the registration process for encumbrance certificates.
Procedure to register Tamil Nadu EC online
Given below are the steps individuals need to follow to register Tamil Nadu EC online:
- Individuals need to first go to the official website of the Inspector General of Registration (IGRS) at TNREGINET Portal. Candidates need to click on the option of Encumbrance Certificate and select search and apply EC under E-Service.
- Applicants will be redirected to a new page where they need to fill in all the information like location, house details, owner details, father’s name, TS number, old survey number, time and other required documents to get EC online in Tamil Nadu.
- Then, individuals need to enter a captcha and click on the ‘search’ button.
- Next, they need to click on ‘apply online’.
- Individuals then need to enter their name and contact number.
- After that, individuals need to make necessary payment using the payment methods available here.
- After successful payment, individuals will get details such as CIN number, transaction ID and bank reference number.
An encumbrance certificate is one of the primary documents required by applicants who wish to buy a property or use it to obtain a loan. Therefore, individuals planning to borrow a loan against property from any leading financial institution needs to present this paper as a part of the property documents needed to access this credit.
Furthermore, individuals interested in availing of a LAP should know the eligibility criteria and also decide the ideal tenor of their loan against property. Looking at their income and monthly expenses, they can decide the tenor and EMIs accordingly. Additionally, to help with their decision, borrowers can also take the assistance of online EMI calculators.
Owing to its no end-use restrictions, an individual can use a LAP to meet various other financial requirements like education, property reconstruction etc. To successfully apply for a LAP, individuals must know the list of documents required to apply for a LAP and keep them handy.
Besides keeping these papers in reach, the pre-approved offers extended by various financial institutions play a pivotal part in streamlining the loan application process and saving time. These offers are applicable on financial products like home loans, LAPs, etc. Borrowers can quickly check their pre-approved offers by entering their names and contact details.
To conclude, access to EC online in Tamil Nadu can help property owners, or the ones planning to buy one, to get a better understanding of its legalities of it and then decide accordingly.